Here I am with Miss Sophia before church on Mother's Day. Speaking of Mother's Day, somebody was royally spoiled. We officially celebrated on Saturday and I spent the day at Mother's Day Out at The Kroc Center. It was a really fun day including a Zumba workout, a few Mother's Day speakers, a 5-course lunch, a fashion show and some time in their art department designing and painting a platter. After the full tour of The Kroc all I can say is WHOA DOGGIE I'm impressed! They offer just about every kind of class I could imagine and if it weren't so dog-gone far away (Keizer) I'd be tempted to visit every day!
After my day of leisure I returned home to my husband completing a very tedious & time consuming yard project I started but hadn't the heart to finish. Thank you, Ben! He worked up a healthy appetite and I'm almost always game for a meal (even after a 5-course lunch) so we finished the day out with dinner at Baja Fresh.
On Sunday we went to church as usual and then enjoyed a delish Mother's Day brunch with Ben's Grandma Betty at her retirement home. But before we could make it to dessert Little Miss was in need of a nap and so was I. So we left Ben to enjoy his family and came home and took very long, sheet creases on my cheeks, can't remember my middle name kind of naps. Ahhh, perfect.
All this perfection had to come to an end, so today I did several loads of laundry and even some by-hand dishes to bring myself back down to earth. Oh, who am I kidding? Even with the routines and chores and escorted trips to the bathroom, this mom stuff is pretty great.
I hope all you mom's had a happy Mother's Day!
I love your pics - you both look absolutely adorable. The KROC Center huh? How fun! I love the KROC Center. I'd love to hear more about what you did on Saturday. So glad you were spoiled - you deserve it!!
ReplyDeletexoxo