Saturday, July 3, 2010

Well, summer is off to a rip-roarin' start here at the Thompson House and I'm finding that even posting once a month is too much for me. We've been having fun, getting stuff done and spending time with some of our favorite people in the process. We've spent a little time in Central Washington and Southern California, went swimming, running through the sprinklers, made some strawberry jam, had a yard sale, went for a hike, oh yes - and somebody turned 30. Now lets see - how 'bout some pictures?




Opening my b-day present from Benj.



Yahoo!



It was a beautiful, warmsunnyday on my birthday so I had a pool party!




Correction - Sophers and Ella-roo had a pool party.



Let's refer to this little sweetie as Pebbles for the duration of this post, k?




Here I am with good friend Miss Jess. Sophia and I traveled down to see her and her husband, Joaquin, and their new little guy Max.



Here's Mr. Max. Isn't he cute? I loved holding him and the whole time I was sort of marveling at how Sophia went from being a cooing, snuggly little milk monkey in my arms to the busy little fireball that she is now. Suddenly referencing her as "Baby" became quite ridiculous.



His profile looks so much like Joaquin here, Jess.



We went down to the beach one evening and watched the sunset. Sophia was fascinated by the water, so that kept me busy.

"Hey you guys - wa-wa!"



And she's off....again...






Meanwhile back at The Ranch, my flowers were coming right along!



So we pulled all the junk out of our cupboards and closets and had a yard sale. Would you believe we made $350 in just one morning/afternoon? Well, I'm not surprised things sold with this little sweetie in the customer service department. The girl has got her "hi" and "goodbye's" down.



Don't mess with this cowgirl.



I repeat - don't mess with this cowgirl.



We're officially caught up, so here's a picture from today. Dick and Kathy took us hiking. We have big plans in the outdoors this summer, but we're starting slow to see how Sophia does so hopefully we don't find ourselves camping with a sleepless toddler. Here's to crossing our fingers AND our toes!

Happy Summer!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post :)! I want to pick up that little cowgirl and twirl around the room! SO CUTE! I hope you guys make so many fun family memories camping this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome summer! 30 isn't so bad, is it? :)
    I LOVE that last picture. you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete