Saturday, October 16, 2010

Cutie-Pie Chronicles


Here's a little somethin' for your sweet tooth. We are now less than 2 months away from Sopher's second birthday and a few new "stages" are emerging and keeping things lively around The Thompson House. Allow me to demonstrate.



  • The move over Rover there's a new DJ in the car phase- She's fully capable of asking me to 'turn the music on' in the car and she can even say, 'Again?' when her favorite song is over.

  • The prepare yourself for a taste of your own medicine phase - The other day I informed her she needed a nap because she was a little crabby. When she got up she pulled on my shirt as I tried to comb her hair. I told her to stop, to which she said, "Mama crabby."

  • The monkey did it! phase - No, she does not have a messy diaper. That smell isn't coming from her. The stuffed monkey did it.


I'm so glad I decided to get a picture of Dolly while her hair is still somewhat respectable. She is developing a large bald spot on the back of her head. Something about her hair being a pretty good way to carrying her around ...


I line up her shoe choices before church. She's sparkles all the way, baby!
Check out our "new to us" wagon! We picked it up for $10 at a house down the street. I was originally planning on fixing it up and maybe waiting until Christmas to give it to our Little Rooskie, but the other day I did not realize the garage (aka hiding place) was open until we walked right in front of it and she exclaimed, "WAGON!". I'm mostly glad she found it because there's just something about fall that makes me want to go for walks with a wagon in tow. She was happy to ride inside the wagon our first trip out. Now we put Dolly in the wagon and I pull it while she pushes it from behind.

We got a perfect day at the pumpkin patch this year...





Some of Sophia's current fav's


  • The Goodnight Moon and crickets - She loves going outside in the yard right before bed so she can see the "Goodnight Moon!" and listen for crickets. The Goodnight Moon is somewhat of a local celebrity to her. He's done all of the books, yet he's so approachable when you see him around town. ;)

  • Playing with Dolly - Dolly accompanies us most places these days. Sophia really makes her tow the line. She tells her, "Sit right there, Dolly!" and "Lay down!" She even has a spot at the dinner table and it is very critical to Sophia that she wear a bib.

  • Being Mama's little helper - She loves having a job and I love giving her one. She helps me pick up the house, move the laundry forward even moves area rugs so I can vacuum under them. That a girl!



This picture cracks me up! It's the way she's just lounging because she's totally use to these pre-church, you're so darn cute I just want to take a bite of you photo shoots.



Here she is fresh out of bed the other day. "Hold you? Snuggle?" she says to me.
note to reader: She refers to herself as you.

So that's the here and now with Miss Sophia. I can't believe what a big girl she is already turning into. She fills each of my days with joy and laughter. I love being her mom!





1 comment:

  1. Oh she is just too much!!!! What a sweet little girl! Cooper has a puppy that goes EVERYWHERE with us. Actually this is puppy #2 as puppy #1 became too battered to be safe in the hands of a 2 year old.

    ReplyDelete