- The amazing fall colors. Check out the view from my back patio! We put some good elbow grease into this corner of our yard this summer. It use to be a bit of an eye sore, but thanks to the addition of the trellis and all the TLC Ben gave my garden shed I think it's looking quite charming now if I may say so. And I'm loving that bright orangy-red tree in the neighbor's yard!
- Being able to enjoy the view from inside behind clean windows! Windex Outdoor All-In-One was recommended to me by my mother-in-law. It comes with a long wand with a swiveling head so I could easily reach all the windows on my one story home lickity split! It is so quick and easy to use that I cleaned all of the windows this summer and then did it again this fall. It costs about $15 for the starter kit and then $5 for new cleaning pads. I was able to use the same cleaning pad both times I washed my windows.
- Shopping at the Goodwill! Recently I've discovered an abundance of stay-at-home moms in bloggy land who have smashing wardrobes because they aren't too good for second hand items. Last week I dug through the skirt aisle and found 4 totally fun, brand new looking skirts that I LOVE and I brought them all home for less than $30 total. Mama's got a new skirt wardrobe!
- Cooking, baking and eating, oh my! The cool fall evenings and crisp mornings have me cooking up a storm! Some recent fav's include Pumpkin Pancakes, Sourdough Strata with Tomatoes and Greens, and a favorite from last fall Chicken and Biscuit Casserole. YUM!
- My newly painted outdoor chairs. Remember me telling you about this project? Well, three of the five chairs are now painted and lookin' all cutsy on my back patio. Now if I could just get the other two primed and painted. Next week maybe?
- As if a new skirt wardrobe wasn't enough things just got better! I am a long time user of St. Ive's Apricot Scrub, so when I found a travel size at Target of this new scrub they put out I decided to give it a whirl. I quickly bought a full-sized bottle. Try it. You'll love it. The end.
The strata before it was baked. Forgive me. My mind was in strata-land when it came out of the oven.
I love fall! The cooler weather makes me want to cook and bake...sadly I have no one to do that for right now. :( But I'm having a lot of fun looking at recipes for when Doug gets back!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love watching Cooper run through all the leaves.
oh and pumpkin pie. Lots and lots of pumpkin pie!
What?! You let the Windex secret out?! We thought we were the only ones that knew about it! We love that stuff!! Well, one of us loves it way more than the other....mainly the one that normally had to get on the ladder - that stuff is AMAZING! Seriously, steal of a deal skirts, spankin' new adorable chairs, food, and St. Ives...and more than one post in a month? That all makes me smile!
ReplyDeleteLove those chairs you painted! ANd your yard still looks amazing! Can't believe how big Sophia is getting...she's SO adorable!
ReplyDeleteOh I forgot to comment that we LOOOOOOOVE that windex thingy too!! and be we I mean ME because the male person who should live here hasn't heard of it yet. :) I think I forgot to email him about that...oops :)
ReplyDeleteMaureen - I bought Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer today and thought of you. I don't know what it is about this year, but I'm totally into the pumpkin stuff.
ReplyDeleteJen - You are so funny. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out which one of you had to get on a ladder to clean the windows. I imagine it's Jeff, but I could see you on a ladder cleaning windows at 5am. Once a roomie, always a roomie, right Maureen? That stuff is so amazing I can see ME cleaning windows at 5am. :)
Amanda - No, no. My yard doesn't look like that anymore. That was last week. This week it's a total wreck! Everything is coming down out of the trees at once. It's so hard to make myself do yard work when it's icky outside.
Hmmmm pumpkin spice chai is the BEST!!
ReplyDeleteJenny does crazy things at 5am. But I do crazy stuff at 11pm so Iguess it all equals out! :)
Miss you guys....December is coming SOON!
Your back yard IS VERY charming! And those recipes sound delicious, thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for all of the kind comments you've made at my blog!
jewelscapes.blogspot.com