Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Party For 'Phia

My little ladybug turned two in December and here are the pictures to prove it! We threw a little family party here at the house and let me tell ya - she enjoyed her party so much more than she did when she turned one! And so did her mom, actually. I remember my emotions were just right up in my throat the whole month of her birthday last year. It really felt like such an accomplishment to have "graduated" from our first year together. The learning curve was steep, the nights were often long and the fragile little package I ushered home from the hospital like a raw egg on the end of a spoon was growing up before my very eyes. This year the party was really just about cake and party hats and presents. And did I mention cake?
Here's the birthday girl enjoying her "cuppycake".

And BFF Eloise enjoying her cuppycake.


Party Animals!

A real friend helps you open your birthday presents. Or maybe a real friend lets you help open her birthday presents? In any case this will happen again in March when Eloise turns two.


Remember the quilt Grandma Kathy made Sophia last year for her birthday? Well, this year her baby doll gets a matching one. Too cute!

Little mommy.


And a ladybug tent from her Uncle Jeff and Aunt Andrea.

So, that's Sophia's second birthday in snapshots. What a year it has been. She brings so much joy and my heart overfloweth everyday because of her. And so I smile and tip my party hat to her and help myself to another cuppycake. Happy Birthday Baby Girl!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for 2 year olds! Love all the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. I cannot believe how time flies. She is just as cute as ever, Manda! And I love all the girly gifts. Hoping that one day my home will have its share of that sweet stuff too. :)

    ReplyDelete