Monday, April 25, 2011

A Dinner Idea for Leftover Ham...

Our friends Tim and Jessie had us over for a yummy Easter dinner yesterday and we were lucky enough to be sent home with some of the leftovers. I love leftovers! And lately I love figuring out how to make them into new dinners so they don't go to waste and I don't have to go to the grocery store. Since many of you probably have leftover ham in your fridge I thought it might be fun to share ideas of what we can morph the leftovers into so we all don't have to go to the store, and if we do at least we don't have to spend much money to put a good dinner on the table tonight. I'll go first.

As I was dreaming of a ham dinner last week I did have the forethought to pick up a few things to make Eggs Benedict. It was pretty quick and easy and it definitely isn't something I think to make often, so I am counting it an overall success.


Here are the ingredients I used minus the butter. My photography skills leave a lot to be desired, but I'm no Oklahoma cattle rancher's wife...


One of the things I like best about cooking is learning new techniques. Tonight with the help of the Internet I learned how to poach an egg. Yay me!



And there you have it. Dinner good enough to make a grown man and a two-year old smile. Oh yes, and me too. :)

So, now it's your turn. Don't be shy. What have you been using your Easter dinner leftovers to create? What do you think of eating breakfast for dinner? And am I the only one who didn't know how to poach an egg?


No comments:

Post a Comment