Monday, May 18, 2009

Ahh, Sleep!

It's amazing what a few good nights of sleep can do. Ben's had some time off, so he's been helping me get up and resettle Sophia at night. We straighten her blanket and offer her the binky and then go back to bed. Sometimes that's all she wants. Other times she fusses for a few minutes (less than 5) and goes back to sleep. Last night she slept through the night until 7:30 this morning! I think I sort of created my own problem because I was jumping up to feed her every time she woke so she wouldn't wake up Ben. After a while on that schedule she started eating like a little bird all day so she'd have room for the nightime feasts I was providing. I know this all sounds so simple, but it's hard to figure out even the most elementary things when you aren't getting enough sleep. Anyhow, I think we're back on track. I'm feeling much better and so is Sophia. She's been using all her new found energy to perfect her jumping skills.


4 comments:

  1. Manda!! That is just precious!! Look at her go! Mom has said that that was my favorite thing when I was itty bitty too. :) Love it! *HUGS to you both*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma LOVES the Thompson blog...Thank-you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs & Kisses XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog on Jessie's page! I am so glad to seee pictures of your darling Sophia! She is so cute! We can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete