Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter and Journal Entry #1 - My Heart Is Full

The house is quiet and still. My little sugar bunny is napping and my big sugar bunny is doing his P90X workout in the garage. My heart is full and thankful and I feel the need to share.

It was especially good to celebrate Jesus today and remember all the hope I have in Him. At times I am full of anxiety and worries. But I'm so comforted by the reminder that even when the circumstances of life are too heavy and complex for me to sort out I can be certain that He knows all things and WILL make all things right in the end. My perspective is limited, like looking through a foggy windshield, but He sees all things clearly. My love can be weak and prejudice, but His love is unconditional and available to all. My heart can be selfish, but His heart always has our best interest in mind. So when the muck that is life splashes up and gets in my eye, I can hang on tighter to the the truth of Jesus. He came. He lived. He walked in our shoes. He bled. He died. He rose again. He offered me His Holy Spirit. I believed and accepted. He gave me new life and the promise of a home in heaven with Him no matter what happens. Thank you, Jesus for doing what I couldn't have done for myself!

Here are just a few pictures from the Easter celebration at The Thompson House.



Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. She is so PRECIOUS! Oh I love it!! and the picture of you holding her is just too much. You are both beautiful. I feel very gushy...I'm going to blame it on Easter related sugar overdoses. :)

    ReplyDelete