Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Kiss For The Little Miss

I may have already told this story to anyone who would listen because it tickled me so, but here we go again.

We've been spending our Friday mornings at the library. At 10:30 they have toddler story and song time and it's so much fun! Some have accused me of enjoying toddler story time even more than Sophia. I admit it. It's probably true, but I'm sure it's good for both of us.


Sophia was looking so cute that day and we just so happened to have a few minutes to take pictures before we left.

Hi Phoo-Fa. ;)


Warm ups. The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round!


The wipers on the bus go swish, swish, swish.


swish, swish, swish!


Okay, she's all warmed up and ready to go now.


But real quick check out the braids.

So, we get to the library and after a few stories we end up singing If Your Happy And You Know It. The librarian instructed us that the last verse would be if your happy and you know do kiss, kiss. And she demonstrated how the kids should purse their lips and kiss the air. Evidently a little boy standing near by needed no further instruction. His eyes sparkled wildly with excitement as he considered his options. He started towards a little girl who squirmed away like a wise veteran of library story time. He was not wounded by her rejection, but rather quickly moved on to Sophia who at least had enough sense to turn her head to avoid a full lip lock. Stunned and speechless she soon occupied my lap and remained there until the singing was over.

So, it's finally feeling like spring out there and I can hardly wait to start planting flowers. I'll hold myself off for another two weeks or so, but doesn't it feel good to see the sun a little more and get outside?

Did you notice the stakes in the ground in the last picture? Ben is in the planning stages of building a larger patio area out of pavers in our backyard. Pictures to follow....

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the new blog design! So springy and prettiful! And I LOVE the new pics of Sophers. YOu have such an adorable little girl (not baby... :() on your hands! And yay for the braids--well done. momma! Her red saltwater sandals remind me of my childhood. I got a new pair each spring! Did you too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Jess! I've been meaning to call you and hear how Easter service went. Thanks for the comment on my blog!

    I don't recall having salt water sandals myself, but I think they are so sweet and sort of vintage now and I love dressing Sophia in them. They were hand-me-down and we have a navy blue pair for next summer. Woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete