Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Sequal...

Today Ben rented a sod cutter! It was fun watching the machine take him for a ride. Sorry I didn't think to get pictures of that. Here you can see the outline for the new expanded patio area. We will have to hold off on my favorite step in this project which involves removing the long since expired patio cover (aka leaf and debris catcher) until we can count on drier weather.

Maybe you could chime in on a little friendly debate Ben and I are having. One of us thinks the patio cover should be replaced, using much nicer materials and craftsman ship, of course and the other one of us thinks the patio will be shaded enough by the big tree in the back yard that we don't need the patio cover blocking light and obstructing views. I won't tell you which side of the discussion represents my opinion so when you all comment about how you totally agree with my position it will be more convincing to Mister Man. Okay girls - don't leave me hangin'.

MWA!








Ten-four good buddies!

5 comments:

  1. So fun!! I have to say that I am in agreement with whichever one of you wants the new cover. OR maybe a pergola would be a good compromise...
    Let us know who wins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for chiming in, Maureen! I'll let you know the end result. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Maureen. Pergolas are charming, plus you can hang white sparkly lights on them! And that's my favorite! Or you can hang paper lanterns... or mason jars with candles! ;)... Replacing the overhead structure will be more work and $, but I think you will definitely appreciate it in the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh oh - I'm going with the 'other side'...is that allowed!?!? I think don't replace it - just let it be open. Eeek, now I'm scared. :D

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. O goodness, this is a bit stressful now, isn't it?! : ) I think I might want some sort of cover-ish something....partly because they're full 'o charm - and partly because it'd be a bit more coverage for kiddos playing on the patio in hot sun, or on a little misty/overcast Oregon day, and to squeeze more use out of patio furniture on both ends - beginning of spring, and those dreary but not-too-cold-yet days in early fall? : ) Can't wait to see the end result - yippee!

    ReplyDelete