I am happy to report the patio project is steadily moving forward now. Ben and I decided we would not turn down opportunities to have fun and be outside recreating this summer just to finish up the patio. Summer is way too short around here and we do the best we can to protect these golden days. So for the bulk of the summer our backyard resembled an abandoned construction zone. But in the spirit of a true worker bee, Benj managed to do whatever he could after work and the few weekends we were actually home and ladies, I am happy to report we will be standing on our new patio within the next few weeks!
Two weeks ago Ben ordered two dump truck loads of gravel and had them dumped in front of our house. There's something about raw materials; the men of the neighborhood all came out with glassy looks in their eyes to give their grunts of approval.
And I'm sure you guessed we would find some way to involve heavy equipment, right. Right! I am just as much of an advocate for machinery as Ben because it gets the same job done in a fraction of the time with ease and even a little fun. I loved looking out the window at Ben "working". He couldn't quite keep that wild little boy smile off his face as he ripped around our yard transferring gravel from the front to the back.
As you can see Baby Doll got to help.
Hi-Ho! Hi-Ho!
It's off to work we go!
Stay tuned for new developments!
Wow...what a cutie! Sophia isn't to bad either. Thank-you for the update. Hope that you girls are feeling better today. Momma (aka Grandma Burdy)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see it!
ReplyDelete